Project manager Communications
Our client is a large multinational, based in the The Hague region. The company’s in-house creative content production team is responsible for delivering a wide range of projects and assets across the design-, print-, film-, photography-, digital-, social media- and eventmanagement disciplines.
The main focus of this specific role is production management of the company’s annual reports. You will be responsible for the sound planning, organisation and delivery of reports which are distributed to key stakeholders including investors, shareholders, government representatives, NGO’s, media and employees. You will manage the end-to-end process per report cycle, including setting budgets and timelines and managing suppliers for design, layout, proof reading, print, distribution and digital activation.
You will bring creativity to the design process and offer stylistic recommendations such as for photography and graphics, while always ensuring the design is in line with the company’s brand principles. With the digitisation of reports becoming increasingly important – and some reports taking a digital-first approach – you will also advise on digital implementation and social media amplification. Throughout the process you will liaise with multiple internal stakeholders at all levels of the company, meaning strong communication, collaboration and stakeholder management skills are essential.
Following delivery of the reports, you will measure the project’s effectiveness and identify best practices and improvements for implementation during the next cycle. You will also be expected to support the wider team on other creative projects, such as project managing communications and marketing collateral, effective presentations and brand assets.
Your principal responsibilities will be:
- Creating the design (print and digital) for the suite of reports.
- Developing production plans per report, including detailing project budgets, milestones, tasks and task owners.
- Briefing the production teams and external suppliers, ensuring they are clear on all key elements of the brief.
- Review and quality control at all stages of the design and production process, ensuring outputs meet the requirements of the brief, comply with brand guidelines and standards, and meet the set budget and timeline.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders throughout the project life-cycle to ensure awareness of progress, seek approvals etc.
- Manage issues and risks within the projects in a proactive manner, implementing plans of action to keep projects on track.
- Manage print production and distribution worldwide.
- Budget management, supplier invoice approvals and recording processes through relevant systems.
- Measure the project’s effectiveness through statistics analysis (e.g. PDF downloads) and make recommendations for future improvements.
- External benchmarking.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Education minimal at BA level.
- Minimal 6 years of experience working as a project manager, ideally in a communications, marketing or finance environment within a large organisation or fast-paced agency.
- Highly organised with excellent planning skills and experience managing budgets and suppliers
- Proven experience working on the end-to-end production process, from design to print to distribution.
- Digital competences including in content management systems, HTML and user experience design packages.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken).
- Ability to work in virtual and multicultural teams.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Experience working with brand and visual identity guidelines.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, manage a high workload and juggle multiple tasks and deadlines, especially during peak periods of the production cycle.
- Annual reports experience is desirable.
- Knowledge and experience in other creative disciplines is also desirable: art direction, print, effective presentations, film, photography, digital and social content.
Salary and benefits are market conform.