Project Manager Events (interim)
This amazing position is yours for the taking when you are looking for an Project Manager Events job for one of the most desired employers of the Netherlands. It is both challenging and demanding, with the right commitment and passion we promise you’ll love it. This is an Interim position for the duration of 6 months and could be filled either on employment or freelance basis.
Our client is an international organisation, based in The Hague region. Within the organisation there is currently an opportunity for a Project Manager Events and Exhibitions. They aim to deliver creative solutions which help their business partners to achieve their goals. To do this, they need the best creative talent available.
As an Project Manager Events, you will have a unique opportunity to manage the end-to-end process for a range of events, exhibitions and conferences targeting different audiences. You will be responsible for planning, organising and executing these projects through our agency roster, and for ensuring their delivery to a high standard and within budget. You will bring passion, creativity and a focus on flawless execution to deliver events which drive positive engagement and differentiate the company brand.
Your main tasks are:
- Manage multiple concurrent projects ranging in complexity and scale, and from initial concept through to execution.
- Translate a brief into a vision, objectives, tasks, timings and outcomes, with the goal to meet or exceed the targets set.
- Evaluate experiential concepts and be able to coherently argue the case for or against, based on the brief and factual accuracy.
- Own event budgets, with a focus on managing costs and delivering savings.
- Deliver projects in accordance with health, safety, security, contracts and procurement, and brand and visual identity guidelines.
- Overall accountability and coordination onsite.
- Manage third party vendors such as venues, production houses, design, branding and security.
- Anticipate risks and develop and implement mitigation plans to overcome these.
- General education minimal at BA level, marketing, communications or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years’ events management and production experience gained either in-house in a large organisation or in an events agency.
- Experience in managing multiple suppliers and vendors.
- A clear head and the ability to remain calm in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organisational and communication skills, with confidence to liaise with a range of different individuals including peers, internal business partners and external suppliers.
- Strong financial skills to manage project budgets and meet financial KPIs.
- Fluent in Dutch and English (writing and speaking).
- Additional expertise in other creative disciplines such as design, film, digital, social media and photography is desirable.
- Willing (and enjoying!) to travel, this role may require occasional travel up to 10%.
- Note: This is an Interim position for the duration of 6 months and could be filled either on employment or freelance basis.
Salary and benefits are market conform.